Renovating, re-decorating or just bought a new place? Do you have a few blank walls that are crying out for something beautiful to dress them up?
Currently on the hunt for a house, I can’t help but think about how I’m going to approach the interior design. So, I decided to leave it to the professionals. Ruth Lazerson of ruthie L. designs shares a few tips on how to feature some artwork and rugs to make your rooms pop! Read below and get inspired!
1. Don’t limit yourself to only framed artwork on the walls. Think outside the square – hang a rug on a large vertical wall. It will pull everything together, make a statement and add a lot of warmth and texture to your room.
2. Sometimes less is more – one bold statement piece – or even a hanging rug – with beautiful soft colours in a neutral room is often enough to pull the room together beautifully.
3. Make sure the wall size and shape fits the artwork. There is no point in placing a tiny horizontal picture on a large vertical wall! If you have a big wall, place something of relative size on it.
4. Groupings also work really well. Uniting artworks by their colours, style and frames is always a safe strategy when placing a few pieces together.
5. If you have several walls in a room, one option is to keep the colours in all the artworks consistent. You don’t necessarily need to have exactly the same colours in all the artworks but picking up some of the same colours in the different pieces will ensure that they work and flow well together.