Do you struggle to find time for the gym? With work, family, hobbies and other commitments it’s easy to forget about your health.
On the other hand, did you know that working out can really help you keep a mental balance between all the things going on in your life. So, it’s super important to find some ‘you time’.
Before you cringe at the thought of trying out a morning sesh, hear me out. Working out first thing in the morning creates a mental clarity, focus and gives you energy for the rest of the day. It makes you feel accomplished, happier and even helps you to eat healthier! Plus, once you get used to the morning routine it even makes exercise easier as you’re working out on an empty stomach and without all the worries from the day that’s passed.
Now, one of the biggest obstacles I hear from people is that they just can’t get themselves organised to pack for their morning workout. Honestly, it might seem difficult and annoying at first but once you get used to it – it’s not an issue. I can confidently say I can now pack for the day in my sleep… it’s just that easy.
To help you guys out, I have combined ALL the essentials for your gym bag. Those you can keep in your bag the entire week and some that need packing daily.
I like to go straight from the gym to work. I used to go home and get ready, but honestly, I much prefer to skip this step and get an extra hour of much needed sleep. Well worth it!
I hope this helps you on your journey to mental clarity, health and happiness!
- Obviously you need a large gym bag, preferably with many compartments so you can separate shoes/ dirty laundry.
- At least two plastic bags. One for dirty laundry, one for your shoes.
- Makeup bag – all the essentials for a simple work/school/day-time make up look.
- Toiletries: Dry shampoo, body wash, deodorant, moisturizer.
- Hairbrush, hair ties, bobby pins.
- Small hair dryer if your gym doesn’t have one.
- Shower towel.
- Thongs or flip flops for showering in (foot fungi, ain’t nobody got time for that)
- Drink bottle
- Gym Towel
- Music/ iPhone / iPod
- Bra and underwear
- Outfit for the day, hung up on a coat hanger
- Shoes for work
- Lunch/ breakfast
There you go! I told you it was easy. Once you get into the habit, it’s totally simple and doable. Now, I can’t imagine not going to the gym before work. Try it out and let me know how you go. Happy gymming!